Thursday, June 21, 2007

finally


I had a very nice visit in Dhamtari having the chance to attend the Mennonite Church on Sunday and then Sara's host family, Mr. and Mrs. Chatterjee took us out on a little adventure in the afternoon. the Chatterjees are both doctors at the hospital and have spent time in the US and know many Mennonites in Harrisonburg. Mr. Chatterjee grew up outside of Dhamtari on a farm and took us out to the farm they still run in the country, and then out to the dam which is the major tourist attraction of Dhamtari. In the evening we attended a huge party for a first born grandson. There were tons of people and lots of food, it didn't even matter that we didn't know the hosts! My time seems to have flown by in India and on Monday morning I said goodbye to Sara and boarded my plane from Raipur to Mumbai from where I would be heading on to Cairo to visit my brother and his wife. Unfortunately my flight out of Mumbai was non-existent and after a little panic, almost 72 hours in the airport in Mumbai I was finally able to exit the country, much to my relief! I am now in Cairo and already love it, possibly because I am just not in the airport anymore, no but really, so far this is a really great place. I look forward to exploring Cairo and having my parents, sister and good friends, Robert and Merle join us here next week.

1 comment:

Valerie and Justin said...

what the h happened that you had to be there for 72 freakin hours? i would have crapped my pants.