With Thanksgiving come and gone I am reminded of so many things I am thankful for. As mentioned in a previous post this was my first Thanksgiving without my family and I definitely missed them big time. It was particularly hard to think of the family getting together eating, and playing games without me! I am so thankful though, for my St. Louis family and for the relationships I have built here.
To start Thanksgiving we headed downtown to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade run through the city. I was actually quite impressed with the huge turnout, excellent marching bands, giant balloons and big floats. Unfortunately the weather had decided to take a turn to the cold and so my toes just about froze off and we even got to see the first snow flakes of the season. Following some major thawing we dug in to a big meal at Tina and Kyle Hunsberger's home (friends from church), along with Kyle's parents in from PA. The day progressed with lots of games, much more food, and bellies so full no more could be put in.
Friday I did something I have never done before and thought I would never do. I rolled out of bed at 3AM and hit the stores. Wow, I can't believe how crazy people are about shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I think I actually felt sick to my stomach as I witnessed yelling matches over spots in line and shoppers so aggressive, mean, driven and honestly just scary. This may be an excursion I do not participate in again...
Ah yes and the thought this morning when I woke up that it was just Saturday and not a workday yet just made me float. Woohoo for the holidays and bring on Christmas!
The pictures are of Tiffany, Heather and I freezing at the parade and a giant shopping cart sponsored by a local groccery store with rudolph in the background
No comments:
Post a Comment